Welcome to you, and farewell to Sitaram in its old form:
We love this site, but we have moved on!
For current news of our on-going projects please visit the following sites:
For everything to do with yoga and women’s health: classes, retreats and teacher trainings (including pregnancy yoga, postnatal recovery yoga, yoga for mums and babies, yoga for birth, fertility, menstrual health etc.
For everything to do with yoga nidra, including free downloads, yoga nidra teacher- trainings, retreats and foundation days
For details and resources relating to Uma Dinsmore-Tuli’s latest book
This used to be the home page for all our work – but as you can see from the list of fine sites above, we have moved house!
Established in 1998, Sitaram Yoga offered for sixteen years a unique programme of yoga, yoga therapy and hypnosis.
Serving the local community of Brixton and Streatham Hill, we provided top quality yoga classes, hypnosis sessions, retreats and camps to support women, mothers, expectant couples, and young families in their experiences of fertility, pregnancy, labour, birth, postnatal recovery and the early years of parenting.
We also provide high quality international trainings and support for yoga teachers and therapists. In fact we are still doing this! The place to visit for information about all of our training programmes, please visit www.wombyoga.org (women’s health) and www.yoganidranetwork.org (yoga nidra).
Even though our work continues through these other site, we have chosen to leave this site live to give you a feel of the range of our expertise. If you are interested in any of these applications of yoga and hypnosis, we invite you to follow the links on the relevant pages to find out more about the training courses which we offer.
The list below outlines what we offer. You can click on a description to go directly to the information about that topic, or navigate the site using the side bar to the left:
- specialist trainings for yoga students and teachers, midwives, childbirth educators and hypnotherapists
- hypnosis for birth: individual appointments
- hypnosis for birth: group sessions for couples and for women only
- yoga birth preparation: rehearsal sessions for expectant mothers and their partners
- pregnancy yoga: weekly ante-natal yoga classes for all stages of pregnancy
- postnatal recovery and baby yoga: for mothers with newborns, through to toddlers with
- yoga for fertility and conception: individual sessions and trainings for yoga teachers
- family yoga classes: for children and adults together, and training for yoga teachers
- yoga therapy, especially for women’s health: individual sessions
and group workshops
- yoga books, CDS and DVDs to support home practice and deepen understanding
- yoga camps and retreats
- > Check out the latest news
And explore our website for more details of all these offerings
Sessions and classes are held in venues across South and Central London (Chelsea), and in Cheltenham, Bristol, Stroud and surrounding area.
Our approach to hypnotherapy and to yoga is profoundly nurturing.
Our warmly welcoming, supportive sessions and classes are always guided by the changing needs of the individual. We believe that an authentic experience of appropriate yoga practice and/or hypnosis can be beneficial to everyone: our teachings are not ‘diluted’ or ‘derived from’ yoga or hypnotherapy – they are the real thing, a remarkable synthesis of classical hatha yoga and yoga therapy, of self-hypnosis and hypnotherapy made accessible for all our clients, from the unborn children, to their parents, siblings and grandparents. We feel blessed to be able to share these teachings, and glad for the benefits they offer.
Many of our students have attended yoga and/or hypnotherapy sessions with us throughout their first, second and third pregnancies, postnatal periods and well beyond. Our students find that our approach substantially improves their sense of well being and the quality of life which they share with their young families.