Teacher Training & Support
Since our foundation in 1998, Sitaram has been passionately committed to providing a high level of yoga teacher training and development both for general yoga teachers and yoga therapists, and for those working in the specialist field of yoga for women’s health (including fertility, healthy menstruation, pregnancy, birth and postnatally).
Our training courses enable teachers to cater for these special students safely and with creativity and confidence. We empower you to develop your own unique approach to your special students – we do not offer blueprints or set programmes for your to repeat, but rather give you the tools you need to respond to your student needs, creating comfort, joy and delight in your classes: each session unique and appropriately tailored to the changing circumstances you encounter.
Our training courses are offered through a variety of successful professional partnerships with Yogacampus, the Yoga Biomedical Trust and the British Wheel of Yoga.
To read more about the courses on offer, please choose the area that interests you most:
- womb yoga (yoga for women’s health)
- pregnancy & birth yoga
- integrated mother and baby yoga
- midwives/childbirth educators
- yoga workshops
International courses and trainings
Over the years, Sitaram has run courses, workshops and teacher trainings for yoga centres and ashrams all over England and Wales, and also in Russia, Germany, Belgium, Ireland, Greece and Italy. We are always delighted to bring what we have to share, and if you are interested in hosting our courses, please contact us to discuss the practicalities, so that we may best meet the needs of your group. The list below gives you a sense of what we have to offer, based on successful events in the past:
One or two day workshops for practitioners and teachers:
- Well woman/Womb Yoga (yoga therapy for women’s health, including fertility, menstruation and menopause)
- Family Yoga workshops
- Healing Power of Yoga
- Mantra and Mudra
- Yoga Nidra and Nada Yoga
- Safe Integration of pregnant and postnatal yoga students in general classes
- Yoga Therapy, including practical therapeutic application of Mantra, Mudra, Pancha kosha, pancha prana, yoga nidra and pawanamuktasana (the joint freeing series)
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika – philosophy, context and practical applications
Teacher Trainings (for teachers from all traditions) – which can be offered in an intensive format (from 4 to 6 days consecutively) to suit a variety of locations and training environments